But one of them is the better choice. Which one is it? Read this comparative analysis to find out.
Comparison Chart: Panasonic vs Philips Cordless
So that you can clearly and easily see the difference between these models, use our chart comparing their features, specifications, and other relevant information.
|Weight||7.4 oz. (without batteries)||4.8 ounces|
|Made in||USA or Imported||Mexico|
|Water reservoir / tank capacity||5.5oz; 165ml||2 teaspoons of water or mouth rinse, enough for two uses|
|Features||1600 pulses per minute, 2 Speeds, Waterproof and washable||Microburst technology, Slim, angled nozzle, Guidance tip|
Consumer Feedback and Rating
How do these cordless water flossers fare among consumers? This section summarizes consumer feedback.
– Features. The Philips Sonicare Airfloss wins on this one. The microburst technology sprays pressurized droplets of water to ensure deep cleaning. This feature, therefore, is useful in cleaning areas that an ordinary toothbrush can’t reach; for instance, in between your teeth.
BUT…kudos should be given to the Panasonic EW-DJ10-A because it’s waterproof.
– Complaints. According to one consumer, you’ll need to refill the EW-DJ10-A’s tank at least 2 times to “do a very good job.” This is because when the tank / water is depleted, the force of the cleaning drops is also depleted. Also, some have complained about battery issues. As one said, “you’ve been warned against using rechargeable batteries.”
As for the Philips Airfloss, one consumer said “it’s a great idea but the implementation doesn’t work for me.” In other words, the microburst technology is truly an innovative feature, but it doesn’t deliver as far as results are concerned. Plus, it’s expensive.
– Consumer Rating. From the data available in Amazon, the Panasonic wins over the Philips cordless water flosser. Out of a perfect score of 5.0, the EW-DJ10-A has received a higher score than the Philips Airfloss.
– Price. The Panasonic DJ10A wins in this category. It costs two times less than the Airfloss. Check price here.
Panasonic EW-DJ10-A vs Philips Sonicare Airfloss: Which is Better?
From consumer feedback and rating, the Panasonic EW-DJ10-A has been consistently given high praises and rating. But best of all, consumer complaints are mainly on batteries and refilling issues, which are “minor” compared to the complaints that the Philips Airfloss has received, which is about its overall performance.
More Water Flosser Reviews...
- Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A Review
- Panasonic EW1211A Cordless Water Flosser Review
- What is the Best Cordless or Battery-Operated Water Flosser?
- Matwave V-20G Water Flosser Review
- Best Electric Toothbrushes 2015 – Top 5 Consumer Picks
- Waterpik Complete Care is Better Than Sonicare Air Floss, According to Study
- Interplak SWJ1 Sonic Water Jet vs Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser: Which One Should You Buy?
- Waterpik Platinum Water Flosser Review