Most, if not all, of the flossers we featured and reviewed in this site make use of a pressurized stream of water to operate in places that an ordinary string floss or toothbrush can’t reach. We’ve also seen that these dental devices come in at least three forms – shower, countertop, and cordless.
Now here’s a new idea: the Smilex Sonic brush and flosser (a.k.a. the Sonipick).
According to the manufacturers, this device requires “no water spray” to make flossing with it possible. Also, it doesn’t make use of a string floss or floss threaders to work. It instead comes with a tuft of toothbrush bristles that floss hard-to-reach places.
The Smilex Sonic brush and flosser is a CORDLESS device. It is a relatively small package that the manufacturers describe as “resembling a lipstick case.” It weighs only 2.1 ounces. It should therefore be portable and easy to store. And being a cordless device, the Sonipick requires one AAA battery to work.
But the question is, is this “idea” good enough to actually work? We find out in this Smilex sonic brush and flosser review.
VIDEO: See the Smilex Pick (AP-100) in Action Here
Watch how to floss with this sonic-brush-and-flosser combo in the video below.
Consumer Review and Feedback
We can’t give this device our top recommendations, at least not yet. According to consumers who tried the product, the brush works well. And they love how portable it is. Unfortunately, for the flosser part, one consumer finds it to be different to use and the other says she wasn’t “as successful” as the toothbrush.
More Water Flosser Reviews...
- Pure Enrichment Portable Oral Irrigator Review
- What is the Best Water Flosser? Top 7 Consumer Picks
- Review of the QuickBreeze Dental Oral Irrigator (QB)
- Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A Review
- Jumbl Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Review (JUMPO1F01)
- Interplak SWJ1 Sonic Water Jet vs Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser: Which One Should You Buy?
- Waterpik WP-900 Review – Waterpik WP-900 Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush Complete Care
- Matwave V-20G Water Flosser Review