Which is more effective when it comes to interdental cleaning, a Waterpik flosser or a Sonicare Airfloss?
This article presents the results of a comparison study conducted by a team of researchers at BioSci Research Canada.
Waterpik Complete Care vs Sonicare Airfloss
Brushing alone is not enough, we were told. If we want to have healthier gums, it’s a must that we floss. In the case of water flossers, which brand is more effective?
This question was answered by a team of researchers over at the BioSci Resarch in Ontario, Canada. Titled “Comparison of two power interdental cleaning devices on plaque removal,” the study aimed to know which is more effective between these two products: Waterpik Complete Care or Philips Sonicare Airfloss.
See the Waterpik Complete Care and Philips Sonicare Airfloss in these videos.
Check out our Waterpik Complete Care Review here…
Waterpik Complete Care is More Effective than Philips Sonicare Airfloss
So which product is more effective in removing plaque from tooth surfaces?
The researchers concluded that while both products showed reductions in plaque, the Waterpik Water Flosser is more effective than the Philips Sonicare Airfloss. The Rustogi Modified Navy Plaque Index (RMNPI) was used as the basis of measurement. Check out the details below.
- Whole mouth (74.9% vs. 57.5%)
- Marginal (58.6% vs. 36.7%)
- Approximal (92.1% vs. 77.4%)
- Facial (83.6% vs. 69.1%)
- Lingual (65.7% vs. 45.4%)
Get the Waterpik Complete Care here.
Do Consumers Agree?
From the average ratings posting on Amazon, it looks like the Waterpik Complete Care is indeed more effective than the Philips Sonicare Airfloss.
Check out reviews and ratings of these two oral irrigators below.
More Water Flosser Reviews...
- Best Electric Toothbrushes 2015 – Top 5 Consumer Picks
- Panasonic EW1211A Cordless Water Flosser Review
- Best Waterpik Water Flosser 2015
- Shower Water Flossers – Take Care of Your Oral Health in the Shower
- Waterpik Platinum Water Flosser Review
- Waterpik WP-300 Review (Traveler Water Flosser or WP-250 / Nano)
- ViaJet Pro Oral Irrigator Review
- Panasonic EW-DJ10-A vs Philips Sonicare Airfloss – Which is Better?