Waterpik WP-900 for Healthier Gums
The Waterpik WP-900 basically has everything. Just like what its other name says, not only does it have a water flosser, but it also has an electric toothbrush. It’s simply…complete! What more can you ask for? If you want healthier gums and stronger teeth, everything you need is in a package of the Waterpik WP-900.
Or is it really?
But first, let’s unbox the package. Here are the features and parts to expect.
- 5 jet tips for the water flosser – classic jet, plaque seeker, orthodontic, pik pocket
- covered reservoir, with a 90+ flossing second water capacity
- covered storage for toothbrush, water flosser, and tips
- 2 brush heads for the sonic toothbrush – standard and compact brush heads
- speed control on the handles
- travel case for the toothbrush
Below is a video that gives you an overview of the product.
What are the claims of Waterpik for this product?
First, this product has been clinically proven to be 70% more effective than Philips’ Sonicare Flexcare. On the same note, it’s also proven to be more effective in plaque removal by up to 52% than Sonicare. Read their comparison report here.
Second, because the flosser uses water pressure to clean all areas and pockets of the teeth and gums, the Waterpik WP-900 is ideal for people with braces or prosthetic dentures/ teeth.
Third, this product promises to give you healthy gums in just a period of two weeks or 14 days.
Waterpik WP-900 Pros and Cons Based on Actual Customer Reviews
The question is, are these claims supported by consumers?
Over at Amazon, this product has been given a high score among consumers.
So yes, at first glance, this product seems to deliver what it promised to deliver. Let’s take a look at the specific feedback from these 80 consumers.
– the tips can be easily removed
– pause button is extremely useful
– even if you feel clean after brushing, the water flosser still finds particles and food debris
– compact, so it’s such a space saver
– easy-to-use buttons and controls
– rechargeable brush
– water reservoir holds plenty or enough water
– if you like a firmer brush, you may not be satisfied with the brush heads
– a lot of splatter for first-time users
– no separate charger for the toothbrush
– some say the holding clamp of the water flosser does not hold it securely
– not recommended to use in the morning especially if you’re employed
– not portable
Waterpik WP-900: Should You Buy This Product?
If the average rating is a good basis of quality, then yes, you should buy the Waterpik WP-900 because it seems to deliver what it promises to give you.
As for the sonic toothbrush, experts say that electric toothbrushes in general do give you cleaner teeth and gums. They can reach areas that conventional toothbrushes can’t.
But in the end, brushing your teeth is not enough. You also need to floss to make sure all food debris are gone.