Advantages of a Battery-Operated Water Flosser
The obvious advantage of battery-operated water flossers is extreme portability.
First, you don’t have to worry about cables or wires because these products are cordless. In case you forget to bring these cables, your oral irrigator will still work. These products are also relatively smaller than the usual electric flossers. They don’t have a large water tank, so when you’re traveling, you don’t have to deal with space issues.
Next, you don’t have to worry about getting electrocuted. These devices are ideal for children. So for parents out there who can’t help but worry about their children’s safety, these battery-powered water flossers will put your mind at ease.
However, these devices are not perfect. They also come with their share of disadvantages. For instance, as previously mentioned, they don’t have a large water tank / reservoir. Meaning, you can’t rely on these devices if you want a longer flossing session. You’re going to have to re-fill the tank if it runs out of water.
Currently Available Products and Brands
As of this writing, I counted seven battery-operated oral irrigators from Amazon, the biggest online retailer in the world. Waterpik products drown the other brands as far as number is concerned, but will these products make it to our best list? Let’s find out very soon.
- BriteLeafs Professional Portable Cordless Oral Irrigator (See here…)
- Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A (See here…)
- WaterPik FLW-110 (See here…)
- WaterPik FLA-220 (See here…)
- Waterpik WP-360W (See here…)
- 2nd Generation – Oral Irrigator by ToiletTree Products (See here…)
- WaterPik FLW-110 (See here…)
- Wellness HealthPro FC-10 Oral Irrigator (See here…)
TOP 2: Which Is the Best Cordless or Battery-Operated Oral Irrigator?
Yup, there’s only two products that made it to our best list. And that’s because according to consumer rating and feedback, these are the only water flossers that received a consistent high score over at Amazon.
This is a “2nd-generation” product, so expect to see a much-improved water flosser compared to the original. It’s cordless, has a larger water tank than the original, has a 360-degree rotating nozzle, and 2 interchangeable nozzles.
Let’s take a look at what consumers have to say about this product.
– This is perfect for couples as it comes with two separate tips.
– Contrary to what the title of this article/review suggests, this ToiletTree product does not have a battery. All you have to do is to plug in the adapter, and use it wire-free when it’s done.
– The battery can last a full week if you use the product twice a day.
– To prevent the growth of molds, dump out excess water after use.
– Exactly six ounces of water fit the water tank.
– It doesn’t take a lot of space, so it’s perfect for frequent travelers.
RUNNER-UP: Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A
According to its product description, this water flosser from Panasonic is waterproof, so even if you accidentally splash it with water, you don’t have to worry about damaging its parts. It’s cordless, portable, and is powered by two AA batteries.
Let’s take a look at what consumers have said about this product.
– This comes with one head, so it’s for individual use only.
– It’s small enough for traveling. Space and storage are not an issue.
– It’s not as noisy as what people think. The noise is the natural sound of water pulsating / shooting from the tips.
Read our review of the Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A here.